Geri records Grenfell Tower charity single

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
User avatar
Jay
Mod
Posts: 64766
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Geri records Grenfell Tower charity single

Postby Jay » 21 Jun 2017, 12:17

Various Artists singles like this don't contribute to an artist's tally of #1s. Otherwise Cheryl would be credited as having 6 #1s, because she appeared on Helping Haiti - but she's reported as having 5 #1s (or 9 if including 4 Girls Aloud #1s).

Same for Rita Ora who also appeared on Band Aid 30 - it doesn't count as an additional #1 for her, and neither will this single.

To that end, Justice Collective doesn't count as a 12th #1 overall for Melanie C (inc. Spice Girls).

Grenfell Tower will be a #1 Geri was involved with, sure, but it won't be officially considered to be a 5th solo #1 / 12th overall.
Image
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 26873
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: Geri records Grenfell Tower charity single

Postby Javi » 21 Jun 2017, 12:25

51 artists involved and they gave James Arthur, Rita Ora and Robbie more than one line...

You can tell the song was initially recorded by the 21 artists that have solo lines and the rest went there just to "be part of it" knowing the song wouldn't be re-worked to include everyone.

At least they could've given more lines to more people and always have more than one artist sharing lines at the same time, but I guess they wanted to release this asap.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 26873
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: Geri records Grenfell Tower charity single

Postby Javi » 21 Jun 2017, 12:26

Jay wrote:Various Artists singles like this don't contribute to an artist's tally of #1s. Otherwise Cheryl would be credited as having 6 #1s, because she appeared on Helping Haiti - but she's reported as having 5 #1s (or 9 if including 4 Girls Aloud #1s).

Same for Rita Ora who also appeared on Band Aid 30 - it doesn't count as an additional #1 for her, and neither will this single.

To that end, Justice Collective doesn't count as a 12th #1 overall for Melanie C (inc. Spice Girls).

Grenfell Tower will be a #1 Geri was involved with, sure, but it won't be officially considered to be a 5th solo #1 / 12th overall.

Oh I thought it counted. Specially since it was mentioned when HAHHMB was #1 that Melanie had another #1 under her belt.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
User avatar
Fenrik
Posts: 15696
Joined: 18 May 2007, 13:36
Gender: Male
Custom Title: OSLOVE
Country: Norway
Location: Oslo
Contact:

Re: Geri records Grenfell Tower charity single

Postby Fenrik » 21 Jun 2017, 18:09

Image
Halli
Posts: 400
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: Geri records Grenfell Tower charity single

Postby Halli » 21 Jun 2017, 21:11

I just watched the video and she doesn't even appear in that!? :think: :hmm:
my twitter: jamesyaaron85
User avatar
schizophonic_spice
Posts: 32632
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Location: Scotland, UK

Re: Geri records Grenfell Tower charity single

Postby schizophonic_spice » 21 Jun 2017, 21:18

Yeah she's not even in the video. :think:

May aswell have not even been announced as part of it if she and others were to be treated this way.

Image
kamel
Posts: 4562
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 12:12
Gender: Male

Re: Geri records Grenfell Tower charity single

Postby kamel » 21 Jun 2017, 21:38

# JusticeForGeri
Image
User avatar
PeruvianSpice
Posts: 21420
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Country: Peru
Location: Lima, Peru
Contact:

Re: Geri records Grenfell Tower charity single

Postby PeruvianSpice » 21 Jun 2017, 21:46

you wouldn't have known so many artists were there had they not announced them

seems like only 10 got to sing... oh well
Image
bryand
Posts: 924
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: Geri records Grenfell Tower charity single

Postby bryand » 21 Jun 2017, 22:13

Ffs! Some of you banging on about wether this contributes to Geris number 1s tally or not need to just look at yourselves really hard and say " so what! It's not about Geri, it's about innocent people killed in a horrific fire!".
Keep it real peeps and on track :evil:
mel2vicem
Posts: 33810
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Country: Kuwait

Re: Geri records Grenfell Tower charity single

Postby mel2vicem » 21 Jun 2017, 22:17

I think it is Simon massaging his ego and his associated acts with this record. The tragedy is still firmly in public consciousness and money is pouring in. Why couldn't he just donate privately?
User avatar
-Raul-
Posts: 2397
Joined: 26 Apr 2005, 16:57
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Geri records Grenfell Tower charity single

Postby -Raul- » 21 Jun 2017, 23:02

Wasn't sure about making this one, or if we are gonna count this as part of her discography, but made it anyway:

Image
Image
@ListenAnyway
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 26873
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: Geri records Grenfell Tower charity single

Postby Javi » 21 Jun 2017, 23:09

bryand wrote:Ffs! Some of you banging on about wether this contributes to Geris number 1s tally or not need to just look at yourselves really hard and say " so what! It's not about Geri, it's about innocent people killed in a horrific fire!".
Keep it real peeps and on track :evil:

Yes, we're truly awful human beings, we're pop terrorists. Sorry for discussing wether or not this song would count towards Geri's #1s instead of exclusively talking about the fire incident. I hope you also show your annoyance at those that are commenting on her lack of presence on the song, or the quality of it, or the video, or Simon's project, or basically anything related to this song that isn't exclusively "the incident and the victims", including those that bought it and dared to have an opinion about the song or wished their favourite artist had more lines on it. We honestly didn't know we couldn't innocently discuss other musical aspects of the project other than the incident that motivated it. We didn't know that doing so would mean we don't feel anything for the victims. Again, sorry bryand. So sorry we hurt your perfect morals.

You really would've had a ball attacking and complaining about people at the One Love Manchester concert, right? I mean, considering most of the audience was there having fun, enjoying music, commenting on the acts and their performances instead of mourning the victims. Please, forgive all of us and pray for our sinner souls. Thank you.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
User avatar
Fenrik
Posts: 15696
Joined: 18 May 2007, 13:36
Gender: Male
Custom Title: OSLOVE
Country: Norway
Location: Oslo
Contact:

Re: Geri records Grenfell Tower charity single

Postby Fenrik » 21 Jun 2017, 23:11

Javi wrote:
bryand wrote:Ffs! Some of you banging on about wether this contributes to Geris number 1s tally or not need to just look at yourselves really hard and say " so what! It's not about Geri, it's about innocent people killed in a horrific fire!".
Keep it real peeps and on track :evil:

Yes, we're truly awful human beings, we're pop terrorists. Sorry for discussing wether or not this song would count towards Geri's #1s instead of exclusively talking about the fire incident. I hope you also show your annoyance at those that are commenting on her lack of presence on the song, or the quality of it, or the video, or Simon's project, or basically anything related to this song that isn't exclusively "the incident and the victims", including those that bought it and dared to have an opinion about the song or wished their favourite artist had more lines on it. We honestly didn't know we couldn't innocently discuss other musical aspects of the project other than the incident that motivated it. We didn't know that doing so would mean we don't feel anything for the victims. Again, sorry bryand. So sorry we hurt your perfect morals.

You really would've had a ball attacking and complaining about people at the One Love Manchester concert, right? I mean, considering most of the audience was there having fun, enjoying music, commenting on the acts and their performances instead of mourning the victims. Please, forgive all of us and pray for our sinner souls. Thank you.


:laugh:
Image
bryand
Posts: 924
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: Geri records Grenfell Tower charity single

Postby bryand » 21 Jun 2017, 23:28

Javi wrote:
bryand wrote:Ffs! Some of you banging on about wether this contributes to Geris number 1s tally or not need to just look at yourselves really hard and say " so what! It's not about Geri, it's about innocent people killed in a horrific fire!".
Keep it real peeps and on track :evil:

Yes, we're truly awful human beings, we're pop terrorists. Sorry for discussing wether or not this song would count towards Geri's #1s instead of exclusively talking about the fire incident. I hope you also show your annoyance at those that are commenting on her lack of presence on the song, or the quality of it, or the video, or Simon's project, or basically anything related to this song that isn't exclusively "the incident and the victims", including those that bought it and dared to have an opinion about the song or wished their favourite artist had more lines on it. We honestly didn't know we couldn't innocently discuss other musical aspects of the project other than the incident that motivated it. We didn't know that doing so would mean we don't feel anything for the victims. Again, sorry bryand. So sorry we hurt your perfect morals.

You really would've had a ball attacking and complaining about people at the One Love Manchester concert, right? I mean, considering most of the audience was there having fun, enjoying music, commenting on the acts and their performances instead of mourning the victims. Please, forgive all of us and pray for our sinner souls. Thank you.


Anger issues much? :hug:
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 26873
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: Geri records Grenfell Tower charity single

Postby Javi » 22 Jun 2017, 09:50

Yes. Please pray for them too. Help me overcome them and be a better human being like you. I'll appreciate it. Thank you.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
bryand
Posts: 924
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: Geri records Grenfell Tower charity single

Postby bryand » 22 Jun 2017, 20:05

Javi wrote:Yes. Please pray for them too. Help me overcome them and be a better human being like you. I'll appreciate it. Thank you.


You're welcome :wave:
bryand
Posts: 924
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: Geri records Grenfell Tower charity single

Postby bryand » 22 Jun 2017, 20:11

Javi wrote:Yes. Please pray for them too. Help me overcome them and be a better human being like you. I'll appreciate it. Thank you.


You're welcome :wave:
bryand
Posts: 924
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: Geri records Grenfell Tower charity single

Postby bryand » 22 Jun 2017, 20:11

Javi wrote:Yes. Please pray for them too. Help me overcome them and be a better human being like you. I'll appreciate it. Thank you.


You're welcome :wave:

Return to “Geri Halliwell”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests