Bring back the hotpants girl !

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
mattchat

Bring back the hotpants girl !

Postby mattchat » 21 Jun 2017, 13:12

That's why I love her :dee:
Kareem

Re: Bring back the hotpants girl !

Postby Kareem » 21 Jun 2017, 14:30

*signed*
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 21 Jun 2017, 15:57

Meh. She's older now.

If she wanted to she would have my complete support. But there is a time and a place for everything.

No reason to dwell on the past. Sell that Union Jack and don't look back in anger!
mIGU

Postby mIGU » 21 Jun 2017, 16:08

I never thought i'd live for a day where I would genuinely say I no longer care for her having a solo career :(
I really needed DISCO SISTER Geri back
MAD

Postby MAD » 21 Jun 2017, 16:16

Andreas wrote:Meh. She's older now.

If she wanted to she would have my complete support. But there is a time and a place for everything.

No reason to dwell on the past. Sell that Union Jack and don't look back in anger!

Being a 44 years old popstar doesn't mean that you have to look like a housewife or wearing some "cool" outfits doesn't make you a desperate popslut. ("cool outfits" stands for those costumes that only popstars can wear without looking inappropriate, not specifically hotpants or anything too much gross).
Madonna was 47 when the Confessions era happened and IMHO it was one of her best looks.
Or we can simply look at our Mel B, she is proud of her beautiful body and looks often like a popstar (without music :grin: ).
In 2012 Geri still looked like a popstar and she didn't wear hotpants, that very same look could still work for a 44 yo woman.
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Postby Narrator » 21 Jun 2017, 16:40

No need to be bitter, if you don't like her current sound move on!
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 21 Jun 2017, 17:00

We don't even know what "her current sound" is. MOTM was pretty much the same old Geri.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 21 Jun 2017, 17:34

I'm sure she'll bring back fun Geri at GAY at the weekend. She is very capable of doing the serious stuff like Angel in Chains and then bringing out her fun side for a different project.

Man in the Mountain still had tracks that poppy Geri would've been proud off (Deep Down, Sheriff, Get Involved etc)

All her albums always had a mix it's just that her biggest hits are the upbeat ones so that's what most expect from her.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 21 Jun 2017, 17:44

Narrator wrote:No need to be bitter, if you don't like her current sound move on!

Exactly! If she wanted to dress like a over the top pop star or even as the pope, I would still support her. Geri is not Lady Gaga or Melanie B. Geri is Geri. However she decides to dress doesn't change me liking her music or not. If she wanted to dye her hair acid green and bounce around on a rubber ball with bubbles shooting out from her ass, I would be down with that! But what I think the most important thing is for her to project however she feels.

And if I'm not wrong she said in the Molly Dineen documentary she didn't want to look like the same kind of artist when she got older, as she wanted to be back then.
spicyjellybaby
Custom Title: AKA Kingellybaby

Postby spicyjellybaby » 21 Jun 2017, 22:35

*signed*.

I love MOTM Geri - I love hotpants girl.

Think there's room for both
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 22 Jun 2017, 01:25

I love both

But I prefer the hotpants girl too
Emma Station |
Rafael_XCX

Postby Rafael_XCX » 22 Jun 2017, 20:46

I know what she meant when she mentioned it on interviews a couple times recently, but as fans I don't think we ever bought her music because she was a "hot pants girl". That never really mattered for us, did it? Her strong and corky personality still haven't changed. I still see the same pop Geri sound even on some MOTM songs, like Sheriff and Get Involved. All it needs is a little production kick. But on top of that, we also get a more mature grown up side with the other songs, which is great for me as a grown up fan as well. I don't see an issue here?! :shrug:
Peter

Postby Peter » 23 Jun 2017, 14:04

I don't really know why she's downgrading herself with those "hotpants girl" comments, it's never the journalist but her mentioning that. Anyway she never was one, it was Kylie, or even Madonna or Britney, and she had different looks, not hotpants only.

Return to “Geri Halliwell”