Geri - The One Show

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
Craig Rogers-Bennett
Custom Title: Craig R-B

Geri - The One Show

Postby Craig Rogers-Bennett » 26 Jun 2017, 23:32

I have downloaded the RAW file from BBC iplayer and cut Geri's parts for the people who can not view online etc

:D :D :D

https://mega.nz/#!8UhXyKZA!UAR_1p_9IdbF ... -EOvpU0mSw
herman22j

Re: Geri - The One Show

Postby herman22j » 27 Jun 2017, 00:09

NUFF SAID
Work_of_Art

Postby Work_of_Art » 27 Jun 2017, 00:32

thank you (:
Cory-Jayne
Previous username(s): Corky & CoryJ

Postby Cory-Jayne » 27 Jun 2017, 00:39

I love Geri but was this live or was she lip syncing? I almost wanna say it was too flawless...?
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 27 Jun 2017, 01:23

Obviously she lip synced. But I won't complain. I'd rather that than the gays fiasco.
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
EricRiotT

Postby EricRiotT » 27 Jun 2017, 04:38

what... obviously 100% live. This performance is far too flawed to be mimed. Are we watching the same performance? But most importantly, thanks for the upload Craig! :)
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 27 Jun 2017, 05:13

EricRiotT wrote:what... obviously 100% live. This performance is far too flawed to be mimed. Are we watching the same performance? But most importantly, thanks for the upload Craig! :)

What?!?!?!
She sounds just like on the record. If she sounds flawed it's because she is not Celine Dion...
EricRiotT

Postby EricRiotT » 27 Jun 2017, 05:18

Listen again... she's pitchy in bits throughout and even seems to lose her place after the first chorus. Definitely not the same vocal as on record. If anything you could argue this is a pre-recorded "live" vocal that she's miming to. But I genuinely don't think so.
MarcelWithLuv
Custom Title: Marcel With Luv

Postby MarcelWithLuv » 27 Jun 2017, 05:53

Craig-Rogers wrote:I have downloaded the RAW file from BBC iplayer and cut Geri's parts for the people who can not view online etc

Thank you Craig
rusty_nail

Postby rusty_nail » 27 Jun 2017, 05:54

While I love her, I'm not deluded in my fandom. I 100% believe she was live. Like EricRiotT mentioned, she got off track at :57. She also struggled a bit toward the end and had a few rough patches throughout. But overall...this is far better than GAY, and she did just fine. This is very much in the realm of what she's capable of doing. Actually, I think we've seen her better in several performances in recent years...but she did just fine here too. I do wish she'd performed the full song as I think there's more power in it, the longer it goes. Could that have been a Geri call? Did she just want to focus on vocals for a roughly two minute version...as opposed to attempting the whole thing?
Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Jun 2017, 09:07

EricRiotT wrote:Listen again... she's pitchy in bits throughout and even seems to lose her place after the first chorus. Definitely not the same vocal as on record. If anything you could argue this is a pre-recorded "live" vocal that she's miming to. But I genuinely don't think so.

It's obviously not the studio version we know from the single/video, I think it was prerecorded live and she's just miming to that. Much better than GAY anyway:) was the show aired live or prerecorded too, just like her voice? It didn't have the "live" sign in the version I've seen on here, but it didn't even have the BBC sign and I saw it in another screen grab I guess.
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Postby Narrator » 27 Jun 2017, 10:14

She did good, very emotional. And come on guys, it was clearly live... She was even off tempo after the first chorus and started singing earlier than she was supposed to.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 27 Jun 2017, 11:31

Kind of amazed anyone thinks this was mimed, or mimed to a pre-recorded live vocal. If her team had gone to the bother of making a different version for her to mime to, they'd have at least arranged a version in which she sounds great the whole way through.

She definitely sang live. She went off time and sounded pitchy at points - but overall she did well. I suppose it can only be a compliment if people thought she was miming!
Juanko

Postby Juanko » 27 Jun 2017, 12:11

It is obviously LIVE! She made some mistakes, even the backing singers realized that she finished earlier the first chorus.

To be honest, I really appreciate the effort, and I hope she starts enjoying doing this. But... She looks sooo frightened, it makes me feel anxious aswell.
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 27 Jun 2017, 13:13

It's good. She was singing live and she did great. Can't wait to hear more new music.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 27 Jun 2017, 13:35

Narrator wrote:She did good, very emotional. And come on guys, it was clearly live... She was even off tempo after the first chorus and started singing earlier than she was supposed to.

Jay wrote:Kind of amazed anyone thinks this was mimed, or mimed to a pre-recorded live vocal. If her team had gone to the bother of making a different version for her to mime to, they'd have at least arranged a version in which she sounds great the whole way through.

She definitely sang live. She went off time and sounded pitchy at points - but overall she did well. I suppose it can only be a compliment if people thought she was miming!

You'd think that people would take this into consideration before shouting "PLAYBACK!" so blatantly.

Clearly live and even tho she messed up a little, she did very very very well. Awesome performance, thanks for making it available to download, Craig! :lovers:
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 27 Jun 2017, 13:54

The interview is in this file?
Emma Station |
rtaspice

Postby rtaspice » 27 Jun 2017, 15:12

Thnak you! :lovers:
DaniSpiceBoy

Postby DaniSpiceBoy » 27 Jun 2017, 15:24

Andreas wrote:
Narrator wrote:She did good, very emotional. And come on guys, it was clearly live... She was even off tempo after the first chorus and started singing earlier than she was supposed to.

Jay wrote:Kind of amazed anyone thinks this was mimed, or mimed to a pre-recorded live vocal. If her team had gone to the bother of making a different version for her to mime to, they'd have at least arranged a version in which she sounds great the whole way through.

You'd think that people would take this into consideration before shouting "PLAYBACK!" so blatantly.

Clearly live and even tho she messed up a little, she did very very very well. Awesome performance, thanks for making it available to download, Craig! :lovers:

That's the whole point. They want to make people believe she was live and know a flawless vocal wouldn't cut it. I do not have a problem with it, but it is so clear, specially towards the end. Live vocals straight from the mic feed do not sound like that at all.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 27 Jun 2017, 15:35

^But why bother making her going off time? It's not like she's singing a super hit single and everyone would notice it. I actually didn't notice which was the mistake and I've heard the song 5 or 6 times, let alone someone that's hearing it for the first time.

I understand that when artists pre-record vocals they're usually not perfect so it's believable, but I don't think they would go to that extreme of recording a fake mistake just to fool a few fans.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 27 Jun 2017, 16:45

OMG at the conspiracy :dizzy:
SW8
Previous username(s): SW8

Postby SW8 » 27 Jun 2017, 17:54

Craig-Rogers wrote:I have downloaded the RAW file from BBC iplayer and cut Geri's parts for the people who can not view online etc

:D :D :D

Thanks mate ! :D
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 27 Jun 2017, 21:12

Without a doubt, that was pre-recorded live vocals.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 27 Jun 2017, 21:13

Tiiger wrote:Without a doubt, that was pre-recorded live vocals.

Exactly. The more I listen to it, the more certain I am.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 27 Jun 2017, 21:19

I think the only thing there is that her microphone sound is super high, so she is singing with almost no power in a "low" voice that's easier to control. Again, going to the extreme of faking a mistake sounds really weird. if she had another TV slot she would've pre-recorded a new vocal take with another mistake or what?
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.

Return to “Geri Halliwell”