Geri - The One Show

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
DaniSpiceBoy

Re: Geri - The One Show

Postby DaniSpiceBoy » 27 Jun 2017, 21:27

^^ Cheryl used the same pre recorded track during her promo tours. FFTL springs to mind. It was credible until you heard the same "flaws" in every performance.
spicyjellybaby
Custom Title: AKA Kingellybaby

Postby spicyjellybaby » 27 Jun 2017, 22:47

Can we just call this what it is and say

It was Geri's best live performance ever
Bubble_Butt
Previous username(s): Irish_Eyes
Custom Title: OxyMORON

Postby Bubble_Butt » 27 Jun 2017, 23:05

spicyjellybaby wrote:Can we just call this what it is and say

It was Geri's best live performance ever

No, because it wasn't.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 27 Jun 2017, 23:35

^That's your opinion.

There's really no proof that she did any kind of playback. Until you have hard evidence you can't really say it was prerecorded with full certainty.

I think this was one of her best live performances ever. She nailed it! Glad we have settled once and for all that she was just extremely nervous, and she was allowed to show she really has it in her to shine live when she feels at ease and comfortable. It was really emotional and beautiful :love:
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 27 Jun 2017, 23:37

I can`t believe some people actually think this was mimed! :laugh:

She sounds off several times!! Why bother to make a pre recorded version with flaws?
I know Cheryl use pre recorded vocals which makes it sounds different than the original version.
But at least she sound good. Not perfect. But good.

If she wanted to pre record a fake live version she surely would at least make a version that would impress the general public.

I`m not saying that this was bad, but definitely not too good to be true either!
spicyjellybaby
Custom Title: AKA Kingellybaby

Postby spicyjellybaby » 28 Jun 2017, 00:00

its a credit to Geri's hard work that people are actually debating whether she mimed.

It was a lovely performance and she has come a long way. Her first properly live tv show in years and it wasn't bad.
Bubble_Butt

Postby Bubble_Butt » 28 Jun 2017, 00:53

Andreas wrote:^That's your opinion.

There's really no proof that she did any kind of playback. Until you have hard evidence you can't really say it was prerecorded with full certainty.

I think this was one of her best live performances ever. She nailed it! Glad we have settled once and for all that she was just extremely nervous, and she was allowed to show she really has it in her to shine live when she feels at ease and comfortable. It was really emotional and beautiful :love:

I don't think it was pre-recorded (as I said in an earlier post in this thread), it was pretty obvious that it was a LIVE vocal. It was a nice vocal which I enjoyed, but it wasn't her best live performance ever.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 28 Jun 2017, 00:55

Fenrik wrote:If she wanted to pre record a fake live version she surely would at least make a version that would impress the general public.

Exactly!!

:laugh: I'm quite :') at the conspiracy... only on DD :dizzy: ... but if people want to believe that she mimed to a previously recorded live-vocal take where she deliberately goes out of time and out of tune, k.
Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Jun 2017, 01:23

Bubble_Butt wrote:

I don't think it was pre-recorded (as I said in an earlier post in this thread), it was pretty obvious that it was a LIVE vocal. It was a nice vocal which I enjoyed, but it wasn't her best live performance ever.

What was then?
DaniSpiceBoy

Postby DaniSpiceBoy » 28 Jun 2017, 01:48

Jay wrote:
Fenrik wrote:If she wanted to pre record a fake live version she surely would at least make a version that would impress the general public.

Exactly!!

:laugh: I'm quite :') at the conspiracy... only on DD :dizzy: ... but if people want to believe that she mimed to a previously recorded live-vocal take where she deliberately goes out of time and out of tune, k.

LOL at some of you thinking anyone who says this is mimed is conspiring against Geri. :dizzy: I love the woman, I even stayed in the country so I could see her at GAY last weekend, but I can definately tell a pre recorded vocal when I hear one and again, I don't have a problem with it. Guess it's all those years of fangirling over Britney, Janet and Mariah!
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 28 Jun 2017, 01:57

Fenrik wrote:I can`t believe some people actually think this was mimed! :laugh:

She sounds off several times!! Why bother to make a pre recorded version with flaws?
I know Cheryl use pre recorded vocals which makes it sounds different than the original version.

If she wanted to pre record a fake live version she surely would at least make a version that would impress the general public.

I`m not saying that this was bad, but definitely not too good to be true either!

She did impress the general public. Didn't you read the comments? "Best performance" "sounds amazing"

I wonder what you guys think when you listen to an actual singer performing live and sounding amazing, if you found this amazing.

It's clear it was mimed. She hardly moves her lips and voice comes out, and we know she can't do that. She just sits there mouthing the words.
And she has done this type of thing before. They always recorded the so called "tv performance" if you have a single promo single you'd know.
I still remember thinking she sang calling live and love is the only light at tops...
Silly little me...
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
YourMistake

Postby YourMistake » 28 Jun 2017, 03:32

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:

She did impress the general public. Didn't you read the comments? "Best performance" "sounds amazing"

I wonder what you guys think when you listen to an actual singer performing live and sounding amazing, if you found this amazing.

It's clear it was mimed. She hardly moves her lips and voice comes out, and we know she can't do that. She just sits there mouthing the words.
And she has done this type of thing before. They always recorded the so called "tv performance" if you have a single promo single you'd know.
I still remember thinking she sang calling live and love is the only light at tops...
Silly little me...

That Love Is The Only Light performance was clearly playback.
Do you believe in life after love?
YourMistake

Postby YourMistake » 28 Jun 2017, 03:39

This!
YourMistake

Postby YourMistake » 28 Jun 2017, 03:40

spicyjellybaby wrote:its a credit to Geri's hard work that people are actually debating whether she mimed.

It was a lovely performance and she has come a long way. Her first properly live tv show in years and it wasn't bad.

This too!
YourMistake

Postby YourMistake » 28 Jun 2017, 03:42

Jay wrote:

Exactly!!

This three! People complain she doesn't sing live very often and in this new era in which she's changing the tables they try to find a way to not give credit to her.
Bubble_Butt

Postby Bubble_Butt » 28 Jun 2017, 13:28

The Spice Girls wrote:
Bubble_Butt wrote:

What was then?

My opinion only but IRM at the Breast Cancer charity event was her best one IMO. I also think Wannabe at AGT was better than the One Show performance. Others will disagree ofcourse, that's only normal.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 28 Jun 2017, 16:14

YourMistake wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:

Silly little me...

I was 11 and I had faith in my favourite pop star...
Not my fault that some "artists" manipulate with auto tune their poor voices to sound better than they actually do in real life on the record and then can't do that live.
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 29 Jun 2017, 00:40

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
YourMistake wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:

Silly little me...

Not my fault that some "artists" manipulate with auto tune their poor voices to sound better than they actually do in real life on the record and then can't do that live.

Oh come on! That Love Is the Only Light performance was CLEARLY playback. They used the album studio version. Not pre recorded vocals (if I remember correctly?)
Not the same thing.
And anyway, if that (Love is the only light) performance had pre recorded vocals, then why did it sound so good and polished?
Shouldn´t there be more flaws and such, like in the One Show performance?
YourMistake

Postby YourMistake » 29 Jun 2017, 05:01

Fenrik wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
YourMistake wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:She did impress the general public. Didn't you read the comments? "Best performance" "sounds amazing"

Silly little me...

Oh come on! That Love Is the Only Light performance was CLEARLY playback. They used the album studio version. Not pre recorded vocals (if I remember correctly?)
Not the same thing.
And anyway, if that (Love is the only light) performance had pre recorded vocals, then why did it sound so good and polished?
Shouldn´t there be more flaws and such, like in the One Show performance?

Yeah 1000% sure it's the CD playing.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 30 Jun 2017, 16:41

Guys I thought she always sang live.
I didn't know what auto tune was.

And there are the so called "performance recording" the spice girls did it as a group with spice up your life and some of their demos have the so called TV track with vocals.
Other artists do it too. It's not surprising.
She proved only a couple of days ago that she can't possibly perform the song live as it is on the record and then she does...
Everyone can have their opinion on the matter of course and we can't tell whether she did sing live or not until she performs again and check whether the vocals and the mistakes match.
Peter

Postby Peter » 30 Jun 2017, 18:21

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:Guys I thought she always sang live.

Hahahahahahaha! Are you that def, silly or is it just plain irony?! :laugh:
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 30 Jun 2017, 20:20

The Spice Girls wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:Guys I thought she always sang live.

Hahahahahahaha! Are you that def, silly or is it just plain irony?! :laugh:

Again, I was 11. I guess it was silly of me but I though all the artists sang live at the time. It was naivety and faith to the artist I guess.

I remember reading Melanie C's comment on Geri and thinking "how bitchy if her. Geri isn't the best singer but she sounds as good as on the cd!"

I guess it's part of the reason I'm always a tad disappointed in Geri and expect more from her. She betrayed my faith in her...
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 30 Jun 2017, 21:02

Am I the only one understanding that KingOfSpiceWorld is talking about his perception of Geri's performances from when he was a child, not his current thoughts?
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Postby Narrator » 30 Jun 2017, 21:04

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:I guess it's part of the reason I'm always a tad disappointed in Geri and expect more from her. She betrayed my faith in her...

LMAO, are you serious? You're blaming her for you being a fool? :laugh:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:She proved only a couple of days ago that she can't possibly perform the song live as it is on the record and then she does...

What, are you deaf? :Dizzy: the one show performance sounds like the recorded version to you? You can't notice her going off pitch a few times and singing at the wrong time after the first chorus? I don't think you have trouble telling live performances from the studio version, tbh, I think you must have hearing issues in general, that's fucked up :laugh:
Last edited by Narrator on 30 Jun 2017, 21:06, edited 2 times in total.
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Postby Narrator » 30 Jun 2017, 21:05

Javi wrote:Am I the only one understanding that KingOfSpiceWorld is talking about his perception of Geri's performances from when he was a child, not his current thoughts?

I don't think even he knows what he's saying :Angel:

Return to “Geri Halliwell”