new song on instagram

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
User avatar
sammy01
Posts: 12557
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 15:30

Re: new song on instagram

Postby sammy01 » 27 Jul 2017, 14:42

Andreas wrote:I find it so amusing that people think just because Geri's not a trained singer, that she can't sing.

Believe it or not but I had a lesson with a vocal coach to decide what kind of voice I had for a choir while I was in drama school. I told her too that I couldn't sing for shit. She replied "that's what everybody thinks. That just because they're not born with a good voice or are able to hold a note, you can't sing. But it's not true. Everybody can sing. Because everybody sings".

It's not about insisting that she can sing. EVERYBODY CAN SING. What is ugly for one can be beautiful to others. But she does indeed sing. and professionally too, she gets paid to do it.

So people really need to back off deciding what is singing and what is not. Especially when they don't know the difference between the concept singing and singing to ones liking. Either you like it or you don't. But I'm afraid it's not up to any one of us to decide if she can sing or not.


So the person you were paying for singing lessons told you you can sing so you didn't just throw in the towel and had more lessons, I am shocked, shocked!!!!!!!! :dizzy:

She sounds awful on that clip, the only time Geri's voice songs decent is when she sings low and does gravely tones. There is a reason she was given those kind of parts in spice girls songs and not the high ad libs.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
User avatar
pinkbecca12
Posts: 472
Joined: 15 Jul 2014, 10:10
Gender: Female
Country: Bahrain

Re: new song on instagram

Postby pinkbecca12 » 27 Jul 2017, 15:03

sammy01 wrote:
Andreas wrote:I find it so amusing that people think just because Geri's not a trained singer, that she can't sing.

Believe it or not but I had a lesson with a vocal coach to decide what kind of voice I had for a choir while I was in drama school. I told her too that I couldn't sing for shit. She replied "that's what everybody thinks. That just because they're not born with a good voice or are able to hold a note, you can't sing. But it's not true. Everybody can sing. Because everybody sings".

It's not about insisting that she can sing. EVERYBODY CAN SING. What is ugly for one can be beautiful to others. But she does indeed sing. and professionally too, she gets paid to do it.

So people really need to back off deciding what is singing and what is not. Especially when they don't know the difference between the concept singing and singing to ones liking. Either you like it or you don't. But I'm afraid it's not up to any one of us to decide if she can sing or not.


So the person you were paying for singing lessons told you you can sing so you didn't just throw in the towel and had more lessons, I am shocked, shocked!!!!!!!! :dizzy:

She sounds awful on that clip, the only time Geri's voice songs decent is when she sings low and does gravely tones. There is a reason she was given those kind of parts in spice girls songs and not the high ad libs.

EXACTLY.
spicyhot
Posts: 4264
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: United_Kingdom

Re: new song on instagram

Postby spicyhot » 27 Jul 2017, 15:25

Javi wrote:Asking for it
Do you have a link to the Instagram post? = 33 characters + 2 clicks

Searching for it
Geri Halliwell Instagram = 22 characters + 1 click

:shrug:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW7QTJ4F9o3 ... well&hl=es


Ps.: I know the user who created the thread should've posted the link to make the experience smoother, but since he didn't, it takes more effort to ask for it than to look for it.


She's posted many clips on her Instagram, most of which have leaked with Man on the mountain. I prefer to get a direct link so I know exactly what clip everyone is talking about.
User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 14081
Joined: 18 Jul 2004, 16:08
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Alpha Male.
Country: Norway
Location: Outside the Box

Re: new song on instagram

Postby Andreas » 27 Jul 2017, 15:44

pinkbecca12 wrote:
sammy01 wrote:
Andreas wrote:I find it so amusing that people think just because Geri's not a trained singer, that she can't sing.

Believe it or not but I had a lesson with a vocal coach to decide what kind of voice I had for a choir while I was in drama school. I told her too that I couldn't sing for shit. She replied "that's what everybody thinks. That just because they're not born with a good voice or are able to hold a note, you can't sing. But it's not true. Everybody can sing. Because everybody sings".

It's not about insisting that she can sing. EVERYBODY CAN SING. What is ugly for one can be beautiful to others. But she does indeed sing. and professionally too, she gets paid to do it.

So people really need to back off deciding what is singing and what is not. Especially when they don't know the difference between the concept singing and singing to ones liking. Either you like it or you don't. But I'm afraid it's not up to any one of us to decide if she can sing or not.


So the person you were paying for singing lessons told you you can sing so you didn't just throw in the towel and had more lessons, I am shocked, shocked!!!!!!!! :dizzy:

EXACTLY.

Actually drama school was my (public) high school education. Being in a choir was mandatory, hence the lesson with a vocal coach to assign your correct range within the choir. And since education is free in Norway, I didn't pay a thing for her lesson.
Image
Schurli_22
Posts: 96
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 20:48
Gender: Male

Re: new song on instagram

Postby Schurli_22 » 27 Jul 2017, 18:58

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCSj1R1vlsb/

so here is a lower vocal not leaked song of her.. hope this will be released too anytime
Schurli_22
Posts: 96
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 20:48
Gender: Male

Re: new song on instagram

Postby Schurli_22 » 27 Jul 2017, 18:58

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCSj1R1vlsb/

so here is a lower vocal not leaked song of her.. hope this will be released too anytime
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 26873
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: new song on instagram

Postby Javi » 28 Jul 2017, 12:58

spicyhot wrote:
Javi wrote:Asking for it
Do you have a link to the Instagram post? = 33 characters + 2 clicks

Searching for it
Geri Halliwell Instagram = 22 characters + 1 click

:shrug:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW7QTJ4F9o3 ... well&hl=es


Ps.: I know the user who created the thread should've posted the link to make the experience smoother, but since he didn't, it takes more effort to ask for it than to look for it.


She's posted many clips on her Instagram, most of which have leaked with Man on the mountain. I prefer to get a direct link so I know exactly what clip everyone is talking about.


If someone opens a new thread about a new song on IG, don't you think it's more than obvious that it's gonna be a recent clip and not one from last year? :shrug:
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
spicyhot
Posts: 4264
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: United_Kingdom

Re: new song on instagram

Postby spicyhot » 28 Jul 2017, 16:34

Javi wrote:
spicyhot wrote:
Javi wrote:Asking for it
Do you have a link to the Instagram post? = 33 characters + 2 clicks

Searching for it
Geri Halliwell Instagram = 22 characters + 1 click

:shrug:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW7QTJ4F9o3 ... well&hl=es


Ps.: I know the user who created the thread should've posted the link to make the experience smoother, but since he didn't, it takes more effort to ask for it than to look for it.


She's posted many clips on her Instagram, most of which have leaked with Man on the mountain. I prefer to get a direct link so I know exactly what clip everyone is talking about.


If someone opens a new thread about a new song on IG, don't you think it's more than obvious that it's gonna be a recent clip and not one from last year? :shrug:


Fucks sake man, get over it! Next time I'll find the link myself, lesson learned.
Agent_Spice
Posts: 1291
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 07:01
Custom Title: Escrow Spice
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: new song on instagram

Postby Agent_Spice » 29 Jul 2017, 06:35

spicyhot wrote:
Fucks sake man, get over it! Next time I'll find the link myself, lesson learned.


Please don't learn any lessons. It takes more effort to have every user Google her instagram and find the video than for one person to ask for the link and one person to post it. Plus when I clicked on her Instagram, the song wasn't even the most recent update. So I do appreciate someone asking and someone else posting the link. Stay the way you are.
spicyhot
Posts: 4264
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: United_Kingdom

Re: new song on instagram

Postby spicyhot » 29 Jul 2017, 12:13

Agent_Spice wrote:Please don't learn any lessons. It takes more effort to have every user Google her instagram and find the video than for one person to ask for the link and one person to post it. Plus when I clicked on her Instagram, the song wasn't even the most recent update. So I do appreciate someone asking and someone else posting the link. Stay the way you are.


Thanks Agent_Spice :hug:
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 26873
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: new song on instagram

Postby Javi » 30 Jul 2017, 11:47

I didn't say no one should post the link. I said it takes more effort to actually ask for it than to look for it (like, you could actually look for it and post it for everyone else instead of asking for it and have other user do the job). And it was a totally valid point. I wasn't even complaining, I did post the link myself with my reply (you're welcome, by the way!!). This place is amazing.

And yes. There's a lesson to learn: if you want something, move your damn ass and get it, don't sit and ask for others to do it for you.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Agent_Spice
Posts: 1291
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 07:01
Custom Title: Escrow Spice
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: new song on instagram

Postby Agent_Spice » 30 Jul 2017, 15:25

spicyhot wrote:
Thanks Agent_Spice :hug:


You're most welcome! :lovers:


Javi wrote:I didn't say no one should post the link. I said it takes more effort to actually ask for it than to look for it (like, you could actually look for it and post it for everyone else instead of asking for it and have other user do the job). And it was a totally valid point. I wasn't even complaining, I did post the link myself with my reply (you're welcome, by the way!!). This place is amazing.

And yes. There's a lesson to learn: if you want something, move your damn ass and get it, don't sit and ask for others to do it for you.


You were absolutely correct that it takes more effort for one person to ask for the link than to google it themselves. What you failed to consider was that there might have been more than one user googling. If more than two users googled Geri's instagram (which isn't instagram.com/gerihalliwell - or horner), then more effort was expended collectively than had one person asked and one person provided the link.

My apologies that I didn't thank you. Nobody else did either. Which may be why people might be hesitant to take that extra step. Thank you for posting the link for everyone. I either missed your exchange or found the video before it took place because I actually found the link myself by Googling and thought the original poster was being funny (song is beautiful, pushing the high notes) because the first video was Geri playing the piano. So it took me an additional minute to figure out that it was the second video.

And yes, people should learn to be self sufficient. However, we're all part of a community and I don't see why we couldn't be helping each other out. By your own point, the original poster could have posted the link to make the experience smoother. However, since they didn't, anyone else could have as well. I just feel that since someone inevitably asks for the link either publicly or privately via PM, it's simpler to just post it. And had I not expended so much time looking for the video, perhaps it would have been me, but since it wasn't, I do appreciate you picking up the slack.
spicyhot
Posts: 4264
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: United_Kingdom

Re: new song on instagram

Postby spicyhot » 30 Jul 2017, 17:58

Javi wrote:I didn't say no one should post the link. I said it takes more effort to actually ask for it than to look for it (like, you could actually look for it and post it for everyone else instead of asking for it and have other user do the job). And it was a totally valid point. I wasn't even complaining, I did post the link myself with my reply (you're welcome, by the way!!). This place is amazing.

And yes. There's a lesson to learn: if you want something, move your damn ass and get it, don't sit and ask for others to do it for you.


I see your point. Thank you for posting the link, I do appreciate it. I only asked for someone to post the link because I don't use Instagram so a direct link makes it much easier then to Google and find the clip in question, also I like to know exactly what clip everyone is talking about because Geri might have uploaded other clips by the time I saw the post. Yes I should have looked myself as it was most likely the latest one of her singing, however I just innocently asked for a link and thought someone would be happy to help me out a little otherwise I would have happily found it myself. I wasn't asking anyone to upload anything which does take time, it was just a simple copy and pasted link to ensure I've got the right video. There are lots of people in this thread who follow Geri on Instagram and could post the direct link with minimal effort.

Anyway, Lets just leave it now. Like I said, I do see your point Javi and I apologies if I've wasted anyone's time.
Peter
Posts: 2806
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: new song on instagram

Postby Peter » 30 Jul 2017, 18:17

An entire page about some silly things again, can you call it a day now, please?!

Return to “Geri Halliwell”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests