new song on instagram

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
ep7210

new song on instagram

Postby ep7210 » 25 Jul 2017, 07:07

Although the song is beautiful, i think someone should have told her not to push herself to those high notes....
pinkbecca12

Re: new song on instagram

Postby pinkbecca12 » 25 Jul 2017, 08:23

totally agree, maybe someone is lying to her that she sounds good reaching those high notes, dear Geri, stick to your previous vocal octaves.
Adolfo

Postby Adolfo » 25 Jul 2017, 10:44

I think the problem is that nobody is managing her so she is doing what she thinks it suits her (although it is not)
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 25 Jul 2017, 12:21

With her new improved technique, if she had stayed in her previous range, she would be sounding really good. But she has this "I can sing now" moto that pushes her to reach new notes that, yeah, maybe now she can reach, but she can't sustain them or "play" with them while singing. So the end result is that now she sings with a higher range but still sounds bad.

Geri, if you're reading us, stop proving you can sing and go back to your comfortable range.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 25 Jul 2017, 14:46

pinkbecca12 wrote:totally agree, maybe someone is lying to her that she sounds good reaching those high notes, dear Geri, stick to your previous vocal octaves.

We know who lies to her. If she visits this forums alone, she'll think she some short of a Mariah (can't say Celine because these people always say "it's not like she's Celine Dione"...)
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 25 Jul 2017, 17:50

I'm glad she's pushing herself but I do agree she needs more confidence and more technique. If ends up achieving a great result, awesome...

Otherwise, she shoul think more carefully how to tackle a high-note song
spicyhot

Postby spicyhot » 25 Jul 2017, 20:35

Do you have a link to the Instagram post?
Javi

Postby Javi » 25 Jul 2017, 20:50

Asking for it
Do you have a link to the Instagram post? = 33 characters + 2 clicks

Searching for it
Geri Halliwell Instagram = 22 characters + 1 click

:shrug:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW7QTJ4F9o3 ... well&hl=es

Ps.: I know the user who created the thread should've posted the link to make the experience smoother, but since he didn't, it takes more effort to ask for it than to look for it.
PoshInMaine
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs

Postby PoshInMaine » 25 Jul 2017, 21:19

Christ her high notes are dreadful.
[Onur]
Custom Title: aka. realspice

Postby [Onur] » 25 Jul 2017, 22:21

Javi wrote:With her new improved technique, if she had stayed in her previous range, she would be sounding really good. But she has this "I can sing now" moto that pushes her to reach new notes that, yeah, maybe now she can reach, but she can't sustain them or "play" with them while singing. So the end result is that now she sings with a higher range but still sounds bad.

Geri, if you're reading us, stop proving you can sing and go back to your comfortable range.

+1.
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Postby Narrator » 25 Jul 2017, 23:55

I agree, it would sound soooo much better if she sang it in a lower octave. Her low to mid range has so much more personality and is much more pleasant, I wish she'd tweak these latest songs accordingly. It wouldn't take much work and she'd sound much better and sing more comfortably.

Having said that, the songwriting in the new song is on point! Such a classic and soulful melody, and I love the lyrics so far. Lyrics:

Feels like the right time
I'm taking off this silly dress
Long road
On high heels, to happiness
A lifetime
Of dancing around in these shoes

So I'm leaving the party
Leaving the party and coming home to you

<3
ep7210

Postby ep7210 » 26 Jul 2017, 06:30

Same for the ending of Angels in Chain, she sounded alright on studio version but live....it ruined the whole performance...
Amaranthine18

Postby Amaranthine18 » 26 Jul 2017, 06:46

What did she say at the last part before they laughed?
halloweenhead
Custom Title: SPICE FORCE FIVE

Postby halloweenhead » 26 Jul 2017, 06:55

She's rehearsing with a baby in her arms. Give her a break. I honestly thought she sounded great. Beautiful song.
1-2-3-4-5, SPICE-GIRLS!
Mario

Postby Mario » 26 Jul 2017, 13:15

I usually don't comment on such matters, because I don't see the point on adding more negative feedbacks especially when everything has been said already by others.
But the lyrics of that new song make me smile and I think it's the right time for Geri to give up on singing, period.

It worked when she was in her twenties, it was fun and carefree and she did work very hard to manage to cover her flaws. But now she's over forty and should have realised that she cannot sing, she has no natural talent for that and she should find something else to do.
Victoria, MelB and Emma got it, even though those 3 are more naturally skilled than Geri.

I was so ashamed of Angel of Chains, I did not talk about it to anyone because I cannot assume to support such things in front of people, I know it's not good and I cannot pretend it is, even if I love Geri.
The live performances were even worse, I found them painfull to watch and I was very sorry seeing her struggling like that. She realised while singing that she doesn't sound as good as she expected.

So yeah, I do not think Geri's fan should encourage her to do more music, I think most of us are around 30 and should be able to take a step back and face the facts and stop expecting miracles.

I'll give my support to Geri in anything she feel like to do, music or not, cause I'm a fan of her, her personality, her energy are inspiring for me. I don't need her to release more music to still follow and support her, I'll do it no matter what.
Javi

Postby Javi » 26 Jul 2017, 13:26

Mario wrote:Victoria, MelB and Emma got it, even though those 3 are more naturally skilled than Geri.

Sorry but you're totally wrong there.

Mel B hasn't finished her singing career. She has spent the last decade on and off the studio and earlier this year she was on Broadway. So as far as we know she might still have music plans for when the divorce drama is over.

And Emma not only is rumored to be working on a solo album, but she has also said that she would love to record more music in the future, so she's not done with it yet.

The only one that is properly finished with music is Victoria and that's because she found something else she's best at. She didn't say "I can't sing, I have to find something else", it was the other way round.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 26 Jul 2017, 16:10

While I do agree that Geri needs to grow more confident in the new ranges she's exploring, people really need to lay of this bullshit about her not being able to sing. Find something else to moan about, 'cause it's getting quite old and tedious.

do-it

Postby do-it » 26 Jul 2017, 21:57

Narrator wrote:I agree, it would sound soooo much better if she sang it in a lower octave. Her low to mid range has so much more personality and is much more pleasant, I wish she'd tweak these latest songs accordingly. It wouldn't take much work and she'd sound much better and sing more comfortably.

Yes, it's as if, after all the vocal coaching she's had over the years (which certainly has improved her voice and widened her range), she wants to use her new skills in *all* her new songs, rather than saving her wider range for the odd high note or phrase that requires it. So it all ends up sounding a bit strained. Less is more. Nice song, though.
Bubble_Butt
Previous username(s): Irish_Eyes
Custom Title: OxyMORON

Postby Bubble_Butt » 26 Jul 2017, 22:45

Andreas wrote:While I do agree that Geri needs to grow more confident in the new ranges she's exploring, people really need to lay of this bullshit about her not being able to sing. Find something else to moan about, 'cause it's getting quite old and tedious.

If that's people's opinion they're entitled to post it. It's subjective. Some people will like it and others wont. Her voice sounded better to me when it was 'untrained' and on a lower register, before she started taking herself more seriously as an artist and wanting to reach high notes which she couldn't reach if she climbed a skyscraper.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 26 Jul 2017, 23:14

Bubble_Butt wrote:
Andreas wrote:While I do agree that Geri needs to grow more confident in the new ranges she's exploring, people really need to lay of this bullshit about her not being able to sing. Find something else to moan about, 'cause it's getting quite old and tedious.

If that's people's opinion they're entitled to post it. It's subjective. Some people will like it and others wont. Her voice sounded better to me when it was 'untrained' and on a lower register, before she started taking herself more seriously as an artist and wanting to reach high notes which she couldn't reach if she climbed a skyscraper.

While I do agree that Geri needs to grow confident and release new, hopefully good music, people need to lay off this bullshit that she is able to sing. We love her despite this. Stop acting as if she can sing like an actual singer because she can't. She sounds like an average person and that's wh we liked her in the first place. We could identify with her flaws.
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 27 Jul 2017, 00:20

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
Bubble_Butt wrote:

While I do agree that Geri needs to grow confident and release new, hopefully good music, people need to lay off this bullshit that she is able to sing. We love her despite this. Stop acting as if she can sing like an actual singer because she can't. She sounds like an average person and that's wh we liked her in the first place. We could identify with her flaws.

Oh, you professional singing-coach now? Congratulations! Must be hard to juggle all the master degrees and expert life skills you seem to have.
kamel

Postby kamel » 27 Jul 2017, 00:29

she is using the vocal fry thing, i dont like it but here is the benefits of using it, maybe she thought it will help her :shrug: extend her vocal range

Benefits Of Using Vocal Fry In Your Singing

It is quite simple for you to comprehend what the vocal fry happens to be and its sound. It is important for:

1. Adding some style to your singing

2. Add a forceful ‘Buzz’ voice texture to your singing voice. This is a great effect, especially for rock music.

3. Vocal fry can be used to emit a terrifying scream if you prefer. This is not harmful to your voice when this technique is used.

4. You can extend your vocal range indirectly up to 3 octaves if you use it correctly.

5. Add more thickness and intensity to your singing voice.

6. Help you to hit the difficult higher notes with ease by leveraging the vocal fry voice
Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Jul 2017, 00:46

Andreas wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
Bubble_Butt wrote:

Oh, you professional singing-coach now? Congratulations! Must be hard to juggle all the master degrees and expert life skills you seem to have.

Leave him alone, as much as he's saying lots of controversial things at times, he's totally right here.

You don't need to be a pro to hear that she's not another Mariah now nor never will be.
Geri's not the best singer and she knows it, she's got a nice, eauphonious voice but it's hardly a proper singer's voice with range of few octaves and everything.
She's improved a lot and she can hold a tune now (her instagram videos or the one from jamming session with Ronnie), but on the other hand there are times she sounds not that great (GAY performance).
But it's not her voice we all fell for her in the first place. It's her outgoing personality, her craziness and warmth and girl power and this is what make us love her no matter what!

Just bring us some lower registers music, Geri, and ginger up our lifes again!
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 27 Jul 2017, 01:27

I find it so amusing that people think just because Geri's not a trained singer, that she can't sing.

Believe it or not but I had a lesson with a vocal coach to decide what kind of voice I had for a choir while I was in drama school. I told her too that I couldn't sing for shit. She replied "that's what everybody thinks. That just because they're not born with a good voice or are able to hold a note, you can't sing. But it's not true. Everybody can sing. Because everybody sings".

It's not about insisting that she can sing. EVERYBODY CAN SING. What is ugly for one can be beautiful to others. But she does indeed sing. and professionally too, she gets paid to do it.

So people really need to back off deciding what is singing and what is not. Especially when they don't know the difference between the concept singing and singing to ones liking. Either you like it or you don't. But I'm afraid it's not up to any one of us to decide if she can sing or not.
Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Jul 2017, 14:23

Obviously everyone can sing, am sorry, but I was part of choir at my uni too, for 3 years, and that is exactly what my teachers kept saying!
But there are people who were born with VOICES to do that, like Adele, Whitney or Mariah (before she's completely lost it now) and the ones which are singing even though they weren't necessarily born to do that (meaning they're not big voices at all) like Britney, Cheryl or Geri for example. You can't deny that the last 3 ones doing karaoke wouldn't necessarily sound better than you or me or another average person.

Return to “Geri Halliwell”