Passion era interview, talked about 100% Pure Love, Breaking Glass, True love never dies......

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
PeruvianSpice

Re: Passion era interview, talked about 100% Pure Love, Breaking Glass, True love never dies......

Postby PeruvianSpice » 03 Aug 2017, 01:49

Was it really her money that got spent? I thought the money came from the Record Company

But anyway, they should've known her reach before announcing big venues.
VivaMGMVE
Previous username(s): VBrocks!

Re: Passion era interview, talked about 100% Pure Love, Breaking Glass, True love never dies......

Postby VivaMGMVE » 03 Aug 2017, 08:03

Adam wrote:
Andreas wrote:With the tour it was the management she had during the release of "Ride It" that failed completely, booking big arenas when she should've focused on smaller venues. The same people was behind the fan club fiasco, if I'm not wrong.

Yeah same company.

I reckon they flattered Geri when they approached her. Told her she was a huge star. Said they had huge plans for her. Sold her on her own fan club and doing her own tour. Sadly they completely overestimated her audience reach and I suspect, wasted a tonne of her money 'going big'.

She should have known better than let a company feed her ego. They seemed like a bunch of amateurs.

This interview was both sad and honest...and maybe one of my favorite Geri interviews. Coupled with the context many users here who were in attendance shared and then by those who know about the management issues, it really highlights for me just how professionally draining and stressful that campaign must have been for her. Especially if she was creatively uninspired, or worse yet, receiving conflicting information about her market/fans/music/etc. I can only imagine just lost she must have been. I can totally see this whole thing getting away from her and then having to go sell it to the public. At the time it seemed she was just consumed by her own fame, but now so many years later, I just see someone incredibly insecure and who was really taken advantage of for 2-3 years.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 03 Aug 2017, 08:22

Didn't her one time agent confirmed she was on medication at the time? It shows badly unfortunately. I'm glad I only got to hear about this era after it ended and never had to go through the interviews and the videos...
Everything I watch from that time, is more disturbing than anything. Even the interview with the savage garden guy someone posted before. It hurts seeing her like this. But then again, even during the reunion and now, she lost her magic. She has lost her shine and spirit.
Maybe she needs to get up and use her voodoo...
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 03 Aug 2017, 14:08

LOL oh dear.
Thom
Previous username(s): THOM
memyselfandspice

Postby Thom » 03 Aug 2017, 22:54

i really like this interview tbh. a bit amaturistic but very nice and amicle
she is way more sincere and honest and normal than the recent larry king interview.

re watching it, the "what is currently your ringtone" question always get: GIRL! You're there, in front of Geri, can ask her questions and you ask this? :grin: :grin: :grin: :Dizzy: :Dizzy: :Dizzy:
...And They Have Escaped The Weight Of Darkness

http://youtu.be/oxRWqirflxk
mIGU

Postby mIGU » 04 Aug 2017, 23:31

Geri's ego has always been her downfall.

She couldn't have easily toured in 2003 after calling but she gave up on the second album because of her disappointment towards the calling and scream chart positions. She could have toured and made a successful one even if the label was not 100% backing her up Back then. She had the "show" ready, all it took was booking and she was still riding high on her fame.

Then in 2004 she completely lacked awaress as to where her celebrity status was as she "came back", i legit think she felt she was still THE geri halliwell from 1999 but even the media didnt care for her at that point.
Instead of rebuilding her brand she just went hard like she was still one of the biggest british females but lets remember that now there were several younger ones that were still also struggling to break through

Long story short, her timing was completely off
If only she had gone with PURE LOVE in the summer like the original plan... maybe that will ride it right after would have made a better impact out of the gate
schizophonic_spice

Re: Passion era interview, talked about 100% Pure Love,Breaking Glass, True love never dies......

Postby schizophonic_spice » 05 Aug 2017, 01:11

It's easy to say now in hindsight that she should've released 100% Pure Love however at that time in 2004 she wasn't feeling it and I can understand that as she is an excellent pop songwriter so releasing another cover probably didn't appeal to her.

I'm glad she chose her path even if it did ultimately result in overall failure sans Ride It.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 05 Aug 2017, 01:36

I think that none of it happened the way she wanted/hoped for, none of it turned out the way she wanted it to, she definitely had some issues (lol, who doesn't) and she also had a terrible case of the Diva (the claim that she was on any kind of medication can just be ignored unless backed with substantial evidence, what bullshit!), and I'm sure with all this she felt everything more or less worked against her... But that's usually what happens when people lose touch with reality and don't keep their feet on the ground.
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 05 Aug 2017, 09:35

She looks very "done" with it all, but it's refreshing to see her so candid and honest during this era. Fascinating, really.
James
Custom Title: Legacy member

Postby James » 05 Aug 2017, 20:36

It would have been interesting to see how Disco Sister Music would've panned out critically and commercially. I think a triple-whammy of 100% Pure Love, Ride It and Love Never Loved Me would've made for a far more successful campaign that what Desire/Passion turned out to be, but of course that's easy to say with hindsight and we'll never know. She seems properly over it in that Audience With interview.
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 05 Aug 2017, 22:32

So glad she never released 100% Pure Love.
Such a shit song, imo... :confused:
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 06 Aug 2017, 00:07

Fenrik wrote:So glad she never released 100% Pure Love.
Such a shit song, imo... :confused:

And yet, ironically, it's probably the song she ever recorded that is most in the spirit of Ginger Spice.
Adam
Mod

Postby Adam » 06 Aug 2017, 11:33

Ah I like 100% Pure Love. Not sure about its single credentials, but it's 10x better than Desire! Could never like that song.
Andres
Custom Title: HeadBitchInCharge

Postby Andres » 06 Aug 2017, 15:18

Watching this is so depressing
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 08 Aug 2017, 17:06

Passion ear was a mess .

Return to “Geri Halliwell”