Rumour - Emma returning to music

Suddenly the forum came, and then the fans came, and then the talking came, and all the drama came!
Sman
Custom Title: Pop doodler

Rumour - Emma returning to music

Postby Sman » 24 Jun 2017, 08:53

https://www.metroguiltypleasures.com/metro/wannaboob-how-topless-spice-girls-broke-the-law/amp/

Obviously we've had false hopes over the years but I think this is the first time Emma has actively used words like "I'm in talks at the moment".

I mean, it could be just part of the PR chat she'll be giving out whilst doing press for Boyband but maybe there is some truth in it? She did sound really excited for Geri (when Geri was on Heart this week), surely a little niggle must have popped in her mind of how exciting it is releasing new music.

Let's all form a prayer circle and pray it happens :angel:
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Re: Rumour - Emma returning to music

Postby Javi » 24 Jun 2017, 09:58

Actually some Brazilian company (the one behind Melanie C's promo visit to Brazil) hinted one of the girls (other than Geri and MC) was working on a new album and everything would be revelaed on Monday (26th) so maybe it is indeed Emma.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
AcidBurn
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three

Postby AcidBurn » 24 Jun 2017, 11:30

I would die if this came true.
Peter

Postby Peter » 24 Jun 2017, 13:38

mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 24 Jun 2017, 15:34

Emma is the only one with commercial potential now. She's got a voice that can sound good on radio and she has a fanbase from Heart fm.
Peter

Postby Peter » 24 Jun 2017, 16:26

mel2vicem wrote:Emma is the only one with commercial potential now. She's got a voice that can sound good on radio and she has a fanbase from Heart fm.

So Mel B is not, even though she's big in America thanks to AGT?
Peter

Postby Peter » 24 Jun 2017, 16:36

Javi wrote:Actually some Brazilian company (the one behind Melanie C's promo visit to Brazil) hinted one of the girls (other than Geri and MC) was working on a new album and everything would be revelaed on Monday (26th) so maybe it is indeed Emma.

Can you imagine if we'd have another comeback to music announcement in SpiceWorld in 2 weeks from the first one? Then only Mel B needs to do it 2 weeks later and we'd have that promised GEM reunion! They could be doing solos and group hits and it would be perfect!
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 24 Jun 2017, 18:33

The Spice Girls wrote:
mel2vicem wrote:Emma is the only one with commercial potential now. She's got a voice that can sound good on radio and she has a fanbase from Heart fm.

And we saw how well she did last time she released a single
spicefreak
Custom Title: Enjoy the show

Postby spicefreak » 24 Jun 2017, 19:27

^ to be fair she did get the second highest charting American single after Melanie C... she did ok.
Javi

Postby Javi » 24 Jun 2017, 19:51

mel2vicem wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:

And we saw how well she did last time she released a single

We also know how well Emma's last solo single(s) did in the UK too, so that makes no sense.
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 24 Jun 2017, 20:02

Emma is the only viable one in the UK now. I thought I implied that with stating "now" and "heart fm" which is a UK station.
Peter

Postby Peter » 24 Jun 2017, 21:13

mel2vicem wrote:Emma is the only viable one in the UK now. I thought I implied that with stating "now" and "heart fm" which is a UK station.

Emma was just freshly past her SCD fame when she's released AINTK and being on that extremely popular show on national tv every weekend didn't help her single's/album's sales so the radio reference doesn't mean much actually.
Last edited by Peter on 24 Jun 2017, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.
Peter

Postby Peter » 24 Jun 2017, 21:19

spicefreak wrote:^ to be fair she did get the second highest charting American single after Melanie C... she did ok.

Exactly, it was quite good actually, considering no physical single was released and there was no proper promo.
Javi

Postby Javi » 24 Jun 2017, 21:50

mel2vicem wrote:Emma is the only viable one in the UK now. I thought I implied that with stating "now" and "heart fm" which is a UK station.

Presenting a radio show doesn't mean people will stream her music in a rush.

Honestly, the only one that could have a hit single nowadays is, ironically,Victoria.
Peter

Postby Peter » 24 Jun 2017, 22:10

Javi wrote:

Presenting a radio show doesn't mean people will stream her music in a rush.

Honestly, the only one that could have a hit single nowadays is, ironically,Victoria.

Can you imagine her collaboration with Calvin Harris?! That would be a SMASH! Shame it was just a rumour!
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 24 Jun 2017, 22:24

Please bookmark me, if she has a half decent track she will get by far the biggest SG related hit in the UK for years.
eduardo_

Postby eduardo_ » 25 Jun 2017, 02:21

Release "Amazing" now that Luis Fonsi is in evidence :death:
Peter

Postby Peter » 25 Jun 2017, 02:48

eduardo_ wrote:Release "Amazing" now that Luis Fonsi is in evidence :death:

Rotfl!!!
YourMistake

Postby YourMistake » 25 Jun 2017, 03:32

We got behind the scenes information today that Emma is comming to Brazil as well so I take it's definately her returning to music.
Do you believe in life after love?
Peter

Postby Peter » 25 Jun 2017, 03:36

YourMistake wrote:We got behind the scenes information today that Emma is comming to Brazil as well so I take it's definately her returning to music.

Oh wow, maybe she's recording her bossa nova album now with Astrud Gilberto musical family?! :grin: Like someone already suggested she could rereleased 'Amazing' with Louis Fonsi now since he's top artist now. :laugh: On a serious note - I think I'll die of happiness if she's going to release something this year!!!
NearlyCivilized
Custom Title: vegans do it better

Postby NearlyCivilized » 25 Jun 2017, 05:52

yes please I'd LOVE new Emma music.. also I noticed Melanie C saying "see you soon" when Emma responded to Mel's post about being #1 on the pop chart in Brazil.. spice world is out of control lately!
@jonnyrecord #horror
Javi

Postby Javi » 25 Jun 2017, 13:00

mel2vicem wrote:Please bookmark me, if she has a half decent track she will get by far the biggest SG related hit in the UK for years.

There's a difference between "charting higher" and "bigger hit". What exactly do you mean? Cause a #90 single would be higher than almost all of the solo Spice releases since 2011, but it would hardly be a hit.

And let's not forget Melanie C achieved a #14 hit with Loving You 4 years ago. I love Emma but do you honestly think she would get a Top15 single? I'm not saying she can't (anything's possible), but I don't think she is "the only one viable in the UK". I think she plays in the same league as the others and would only manage to get a real hit single if she gets a Loving You situation, where people love the song no matter who sings it, not because of her own status.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 25 Jun 2017, 17:56

None of them will have a high charting hit in this era of Spotify. It just won't happen.

I think they all have potential to get a fairly high peaking album though even if it falls 40 places in its second week.

I hope this is true btw I'd love both Geri and Emma to make it to 4 officially released solo albums.
Javi

Postby Javi » 25 Jun 2017, 18:12

schizophonic_spice wrote:None of them will have a high charting hit in this era of Spotify. It just won't happen.

I think they all have potential to get a fairly high peaking album though even if it falls 40 places in its second week.

I hope this is true btw I'd love both Geri and Emma to make it to 4 officially released solo albums.

It would be quite ironic if Emma was actually releasing music and her album came out before Geri's.
HermeSpice
Custom Title: Hot n Cold

Postby HermeSpice » 25 Jun 2017, 19:21

i'm all in for a free me part 2!!

Return to “Emma Bunton”