From UK to LA, Todays The Day To Post Away
felx

Re: Mel B is broke but how? DM article

Postby felx » 06 Jul 2017, 20:33

kamel wrote:
felx wrote:
kamel wrote:
Thom wrote:
èh? when ur that famous and when you splash out 50 million no sadness her!
you brought it on yourself

No it was Stefan who has access to her money, he did produce two flop movies from her money,he did take a lot of money like near 30 millions

and you know it for sure cause you are their personal assistant or banker..... :rolleyes:

I know it from that Daily mail article and i believe it because i know he has an access to her money, she said it before

I guess.. if they were married , there is no my and your money...just our money.......

she already lost most of her pre Stephan money .....

as I know everything she earned during their marriage is not just hers (unless they have some agreement about it, paper)

and we know that Stephan is not a "good" guy, but saying that he spent all her money is ridiculous
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
SomeonesBaby

Postby SomeonesBaby » 06 Jul 2017, 22:36

These are the “total net assets” from MoneySpider’s annual returns.

1998... £7,319
1999… £68,249
2000… (£326,401)
2001… Unavailable
2002… £205,923
2003… £347
2004… £1,544
2005… £17,817
2006… £10,832
2008… £64,702
2009… (£8,860)
2010… £42,275
2011… £43,856
2012… £58,679
2013… £42,222
2014… £25,403
2015… £14,221
2016… £961

As you can see, Melanie’s current situation is not out of the blue, and it’s not rare either considering she has suffered a $326k+ loss in 2000, and obviously recovered from it within at least 24 months.

Melanie’s totals bounce from low to high. Having $961 left in the account this year is nothing to be scared about. She had only $347 in this account in 2003.

Obviously, there are personal savings accounts in the UK and/or US she has. It is hard to believe she would keep all of her money in one spot (MoneySpider), especially when she can bank a lot of interest in a Savings account. It’s not even a personal account; it’s a business. Not to mention there must be Savings for her children, and Checking accounts for daily expenses.

Who knows what this year's expenses were for; pulled to cover anticipated legal fees, a new project, college for Phoenix, etc. No one knows and unless admitted by Melanie herself, no reason to assume she's in debt. Who's to say the lawyer's even made mention of monetary statuses anyway? This company/account information is publicly available for anyone to interpret and write a story about.

Edit: Changed currency character from $ to £.
Last edited by SomeonesBaby on 06 Jul 2017, 23:44, edited 1 time in total.
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 06 Jul 2017, 22:44

I don't think any of the girls have much in those Spice accounts anymore, they've clearly got tonnes of other accounts
K89

Postby K89 » 06 Jul 2017, 22:49

SomeonesBaby wrote:These are the “total net assets” from MoneySpider’s annual returns.

1998... $7,319
1999… $68,249
2000… ($326,401)
2001… Unavailable
2002… $205,923
2003… $347
2004… $1,544
2005… $17,817
2006… $10,832
2008… $64,702
2009… ($8,860)
2010… $42,275
2011… $43,856
2012… $58,679
2013… $42,222
2014… $25,403
2015… $14,221
2016… $961

As you can see, Melanie’s current situation is not out of the blue, and it’s not rare either considering she has suffered a $326k+ loss in 2000, and obviously recovered from it within at least 24 months.

Melanie’s totals bounce from low to high. Having $961 left in the account this year is nothing to be scared about. She had only $347 in this account in 2003.

Obviously, there are personal savings accounts in the UK and/or US she has. It is hard to believe she would keep all of her money in one spot (MoneySpider), especially when she can bank a lot of interest in a Savings account. It’s not even a personal account; it’s a business. Not to mention there must be Savings for her children, and Checking accounts for daily expenses.

Who knows what this year's expenses were for; pulled to cover anticipated legal fees, a new project, college for Phoenix, etc. No one knows and unless admitted by Melanie herself, no reason to assume she's in debt. Who's to say the lawyer's even made mention of monetary statuses anyway? This company/account information is publicly available for anyone to interpret and write a story about.

Exactly! I do not think she's broke or in debt at all. With that being said, I hope he won't get a single cent.

I know Mel will bounch back, stronger than ever!
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 06 Jul 2017, 23:22

Are those numbers what's left? Or what she spent?...
SomeonesBaby

Postby SomeonesBaby » 06 Jul 2017, 23:50

PeruvianSpice wrote:Are those numbers what's left? Or what she spent?...

What's left.

I didn't do the totals for annual Income or annual Expenses.

She could have made $300,000 one year and spent $299,000, leaving her with $1,000 at the end of the period.

Another year, she could have made $100,000 but only spent $10,000, leaving her with $90,000 and the end of the period.

Those are just random numbers I threw in to show how balance can fluctuate.

I focused on the "leaving her with ____" totals.
...FunkyFresh...
Custom Title: MB World

Postby ...FunkyFresh... » 07 Jul 2017, 02:42

SomeonesBaby wrote:These are the “total net assets” from MoneySpider’s annual returns.

1998... £7,319
1999… £68,249
2000… (£326,401)
2001… Unavailable
2002… £205,923
2003… £347
2004… £1,544
2005… £17,817
2006… £10,832
2008… £64,702
2009… (£8,860)
2010… £42,275
2011… £43,856
2012… £58,679
2013… £42,222
2014… £25,403
2015… £14,221
2016… £961

Edit: Changed currency character from $ to £.

thanks for posting this info. I worked in banks for years and yes its true. I've monitored many businesses who make many transfers that would sometimes leave them with a lot less income than what gets deposited regularly. It really just depends what they are using that account for. Mel has more than one business account and obviously would be transferring between her accounts at various times.

I also don't believe she's "broke" but they did have an extravagant life style I wouldn't be surprised she lost a lot because of his spending habits, which are of course her fault for not keeping things separate. Seems like she tried many times to keep him away from her money.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 07 Jul 2017, 02:58

SomeonesBaby wrote:
PeruvianSpice wrote:Are those numbers what's left? Or what she spent?...

What's left.

I didn't do the totals for annual Income or annual Expenses.

She could have made $300,000 one year and spent $299,000, leaving her with $1,000 at the end of the period.

Another year, she could have made $100,000 but only spent $10,000, leaving her with $90,000 and the end of the period.

Those are just random numbers I threw in to show how balance can fluctuate.

I focused on the "leaving her with ____" totals.

Thanks!!!! and what about that amount between "( )" ?
Mario

Postby Mario » 07 Jul 2017, 15:00

It's very difficult for me to imagine Mel being broke.

There's a lot of story of celebrity being broke, but in almost all cases they made a great fortune in the past and have lived a lavish lifestyle for many years without substantial new income.

But Mel, only in the 12 past months has been judge on X-Factor Australia season8, America's Got Talent season11 and 12 this year, Lipsynch battle UK seaon2, she spent 2 months on Broadway doing Chicago, she is still the face of Jenny Craig Australia... and she also has all those small things, most of them related to NBC network, she is attending many celebrity TV shows on that network like "Running Wild with BG", hosting the NBC NY eve show live from TimeSquare. I think she has a contract with NBC as she seems to be link to them and is not allowed to have contract with other big TV network competitor like ABC. She is constantly guest host on shows like The Real, guest judge on XFactor UK last year, and host various small musical or other events... And I'm pretty sure most of those jobs come with 5 or 6 numbers salary paychecks, for sure!

And she has also many personal investments, like having part on that american water company, Serafina sunset restaurant, I think she has a restaurant or night club in Sidney as well...

Anyway, I don't know what exactly have been stated in that tribunal court by Mel laywers, and in which context those words have been used, but we all know how media like to distort words and play with them to tell the story which would sell the most. And the media support some claims by that MoneySpider's account asset, which is completely absurd as it has been shown by SomeonesBaby, that is a strong evidence about the fact that, that broke story is completely distorted and certainly told out of context.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 07 Jul 2017, 19:28

but even if she gets 1 million per job, Stephen got her movie funded with Mel's money... that's like 19 on 1 movie alone...
kamel

Postby kamel » 08 Jul 2017, 00:09

PeruvianSpice wrote:but even if she gets 1 million per job, Stephen got her movie funded with Mel's money... that's like 19 on 1 movie alone...

U mean his movie? if so yea i agree with you, he did funded a movie with her money, like 19m or more
Mario

Postby Mario » 08 Jul 2017, 17:26

kamel wrote:
PeruvianSpice wrote:but even if she gets 1 million per job, Stephen got her movie funded with Mel's money... that's like 19 on 1 movie alone...

U mean his movie? if so yea i agree with you, he did funded a movie with her money, like 19m or more

There's no way Stephen funded a 19m movie with Mel's money alone, that is not making any sense. For those 2 movies he's just one of the executive producer out of many of them, they did put some money on it, but they did not funded the whole stuff. And regarding the article, both movies grossed more than 1 million $, which means they did not gain money with those, but they did not loose money either.

And that article is listing Mel's very expensive assets, including house, island, jewelry and so on... and all those assets are included in her net worth, so regarding that article Mel is still worthing millions.
All those reports are just distorded to make a spicy story, but when you read between the lines all this is just very confusing.They heard a sentence which has been stated in court and just built a story around it with whatever they could have found.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 08 Jul 2017, 18:02

IF they funded (mel/Stephen and whoever else was on board) a 19m movie and it only grossed 1m how can they not lost money on it?
Thom
Previous username(s): THOM
memyselfandspice

Postby Thom » 09 Jul 2017, 12:12

as so it begins (the dirt and rumors)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... house.html
...And They Have Escaped The Weight Of Darkness

http://youtu.be/oxRWqirflxk
felx

Postby felx » 09 Jul 2017, 13:36

love her Melanie C "goodbye" hairstyle...... :)
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
Mario

Postby Mario » 09 Jul 2017, 14:28

PeruvianSpice wrote:IF they funded (mel/Stephen and whoever else was on board) a 19m movie and it only grossed 1m how can they not lost money on it?

Business speaking, the gross income is more related to the earnings, it's like what is remaining of the total revenue after removing all the cost revenue.
So my understanding of "the movie grossed x $" means that all parties involved should share x $ of earnings + what they initially invested.

But I'm neither a economist nor a native english speaker, and maybe I don't get it right as well.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 09 Jul 2017, 19:42

Mario wrote:
PeruvianSpice wrote:IF they funded (mel/Stephen and whoever else was on board) a 19m movie and it only grossed 1m how can they not lost money on it?

Business speaking, the gross income is more related to the earnings, it's like what is remaining of the total revenue after removing all the cost revenue.
So my understanding of "the movie grossed x $" means that all parties involved should share x $ of earnings + what they initially invested.

But I'm neither a economist nor a native english speaker, and maybe I don't get it right as well.

Thanks!

I asked cause I follow movies a lot and they usually talk about grosses as this:

Movie cost 5 million but it grossed 4 million (not revenue but Overall) so it lost money...
spicyjellybaby
Custom Title: AKA Kingellybaby

Postby spicyjellybaby » 09 Jul 2017, 22:23

I was under the impression that moneyspider is a "company" used to minimalise tax payments etc.

Its not a physical company providing a service but a
Means to manage money?????
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 10 Jul 2017, 00:48

PeruvianSpice wrote:
Mario wrote:

Thanks!

I asked cause I follow movies a lot and they usually talk about grosses as this:

Movie cost 5 million but it grossed 4 million (not revenue but Overall) so it lost money...

In reality, a movie needs to make 3 times its budget but these days, where they spend an extra 150 million for advertising, a superhero movie needs to make at least 1 billion to be a hit.
There are several producers that put money and they all want more than what they paid. Plus the Chinese boxoffice doesn't count towards profit as only 12% (or was it 20%) of the money the movie makes there go to the producing company.
A movie that cost 19 million needs to make at least 60 to be successful. Making one million only, means they lost about 20 million on it as that one million is divided to te theatre and the producers so they made smt like 350.000 out of the 19 million they paid.
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
King

Postby King » 12 Jul 2017, 23:47

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
PeruvianSpice wrote:
Mario wrote:

Thanks!

In reality, a movie needs to make 3 times its budget but these days, where they spend an extra 150 million for advertising, a superhero movie needs to make at least 1 billion to be a hit.
There are several producers that put money and they all want more than what they paid. Plus the Chinese boxoffice doesn't count towards profit as only 12% (or was it 20%) of the money the movie makes there go to the producing company.
A movie that cost 19 million needs to make at least 60 to be successful. Making one million only, means they lost about 20 million on it as that one million is divided to te theatre and the producers so they made smt like 350.000 out of the 19 million they paid.

People need to stop talking about advertising/marketing costs. Those costs come from the studio that decides how much money will be spent on promotion of a certain film, they are using the money that the studio already has from various profits they made over the years. Production budget is something that is considered while looking at a film's profit. Domestic wise, the cut that comes back to the studio/producers/investors is around 50%, overseas is at about 40% and China is around 25% (if its not a deal or chinese co-production, then the percentage varies, it can also go up to 40%). This is only for theatrical. Video sales can bring up to 60% domestically, that's why DVD and Bluray sales are very important these days.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 13 Jul 2017, 04:07

I know revenue varies from domestic to overseas to china.

I know the "have to make doublé its Budget" is a way of looking at it but dunno if it's exactly that which a movie has to gross

and also, sponsorship, and Blu-ray, toys make more money

i remember "man of Steel" (or was it "BvS"?) made its money back before the money was released

but oh well, we should have a "movie" topic :D
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 15 Jul 2017, 01:05

how unfair!!!

so she must pay 40k a month until... when?
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 15 Jul 2017, 01:13

PeruvianSpice wrote:how unfair!!!

so she must pay 40k a month until... when?

Until they reach a divorce settlement. Hopefully she can pay him a one off amount with a confidentially clause too.
SomeonesBaby

Postby SomeonesBaby » 15 Jul 2017, 02:39

Surely if she's paying him $40k a month, she must make many times that amount per month?

It's not like if she only had $1000 to her name, as uniformed newspapers assume, she'd be $40k deeper in debt every month. The money has to be coming from somewhere. Courts can't force her to take out loans to support a man who has no job, can they? He is capable of working; he has no physical handicap... he's just screwed in the head.

Return to “Melanie B”