Emma Bunton Tours

Suddenly the forum came, and then the fans came, and then the talking came, and all the drama came!
Peter

Emma Bunton Tours

Postby Peter » 04 Jul 2017, 05:30

So according to our online encyclopedia Emma's done two concert tours. :rolleyes:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Emma_Bunton_concert_tours

Of course she's done promo tours performing on tv/radio/festivals, but - enlight me - she never really toured, has she?

She's done some shows to promote the albums, like the first one for AGLM in London for competition winners which Sam Bennett attended (still remember his story on EmmaBunton.net!), or the MCM Cafe gig in Paris, but that would be all. Besides those I guess the closest to a concert she's done would be her GAY gigs. Where did those people take those tours (and self made promo posters! :laugh:), I don't really know.

Especially that they included some performances where Emma performed 1 or maybe 2 songs maximum.
What was the story behind her first (2nd actually? Someone said she performed WIA there too?) show at GAY when she went there to promote WTYSL?/AGLM?
She performed there with Dannii Minogue and the crowd's cheers were meant to decide whoever they want to listen and Dannii won if I remember correctly? Has she performed anything else or WTYSL? Only?

Anyway, I wish I didn't live in London back then, I would be a groupie, definitely;)

Ps: with those Wikipedia fake "facts", an surprised they didn't create a tour for LIM yet;)
Poshboy78

Re: Emma Bunton Tours

Postby Poshboy78 » 04 Jul 2017, 21:46

Every now and then Wikipedia becomes so entertaining and unpredictable with this kind of "facts"!

She was rehearsing with her band for a potential solo tour during the first album campaign (as shown in the "Take My Breath Away" DVD single), but actually this never happened. With the first single potential and chart performance, Virgin Records was probably thinking big. I still don't know if Emma would be able to play a solo show: I saw her as a set of 3/4 songs artist more than the main act. BTW a shame that she never tried.
Poshboy78

Postby Poshboy78 » 04 Jul 2017, 22:07

I've just checked that Wiki page.

The two italian dates are true, but she was one of the guests on a music festival ("Festivalbar") and she lip-synched just one song ("What Took You So Long" and "Maybe" respectively).
gingerboy

Postby gingerboy » 12 Jul 2017, 01:13

There was a promotional tour, but no a real tour.

Here on Spain, in "Los 40", during the promo tour here (June 2001) she confirmed that she was planning a world tour in 2002, including my country
Peter

Postby Peter » 12 Jul 2017, 06:41

/\ how many songs did she perform? Do you remember which ones? Were there promo posters/flyers available? Any official merchandise? I remember her AGLM tops and knickers and mints but anything else;)?
King

Postby King » 12 Jul 2017, 09:34

The only concert she even did was in Paris in Autumn 2001 and it was acoustic. Everything else were promo stops, and she rarely sang live, especially during the whole FM era.
Sam Rogers-Bennett
Custom Title: I Am Sam

Postby Sam Rogers-Bennett » 17 Jul 2017, 01:19

The Spice Girls wrote:She's done some shows to promote the albums, like the first one for AGLM in London for competition winners which Sam Bennett attended (still remember his story on EmmaBunton.net!),

Yeah she did about 6 songs there. She sang live with a band. I also saw her open HMV in Covent Garden wearing the denim catsuit she wore at the MCM Cafe gig (and the boots from the Holler video lol) she did 3 songs live WTYSL. TMBA and Invincible. Again live with a band. As everyone said though she certainly never did concert tours which was a shame cuz she was actually good both times I saw her
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 17 Jul 2017, 09:15

After Maybe she should have done a small clubs tour. That was the best moment for her.
Peter

Postby Peter » 17 Jul 2017, 10:42

Samuel-Bennett wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:She's done some shows to promote the albums, like the first one for AGLM in London for competition winners which Sam Bennett attended (still remember his story on EmmaBunton.net!),

Yeah she did about 6 songs there. She sang live with a band. I also saw her open HMV in Covent Garden wearing the denim catsuit she wore at the MCM Cafe gig (and the boots from the Holler video lol) she did 3 songs live WTYSL. TMBA and Invincible. Again live with a band. As everyone said though she certainly never did concert tours which was a shame cuz she was actually good both times I saw her

Lol, which boots do you mean, the red ones?! Haha! Can you remember her 6 song tracklist cos I forgot what were they? And where was the show held? (Got that story of yours saved somewhere, would love to read it again if you're happy to share again :grin: !).
Sam Rogers-Bennett

Postby Sam Rogers-Bennett » 17 Jul 2017, 15:05

The Spice Girls wrote:
Samuel-Bennett wrote:

Lol, which boots do you mean, the red ones?! Haha! Can you remember her 6 song tracklist cos I forgot what were they? And where was the show held? (Got that story of yours saved somewhere, would love to read it again if you're happy to share again :grin: !).

These ones. I don't think I even have a copy of that story anymore. If you do find it would you send it to me?

The show was at Star & Garter in London

Better Be Careful
High On
A World Without
Sunshine On A Rainy
Take My Breath
What Took You So Long
Peter

Postby Peter » 17 Jul 2017, 15:57

/\ thanks! am surprised she didn't do WNGST tonight as it was always a higlight of the album not WIA which was a hit and still remembered by many back then!

I will if I'll find it, however I'll checked archive for emmabunton.net and nothing found on there anymore, sadly:/
Peter

Postby Peter » 17 Jul 2017, 15:58

Ps: is that Star & Garter a pub in London then?!
Peter

Postby Peter » 17 Jul 2017, 16:11

I just found that video where you can be clearly seen just in front of Emma recording everything with your camera! Have you got that first row (close ups-full I guess?) footage? I loved when she passed you her hand to grab while singing "but honey understand, when you take my hand, everything's OK!"! So cool! And she sounded flawless, not a one false note from her, it's just the background singer(s) screwing lol!
Sam Rogers-Bennett

Postby Sam Rogers-Bennett » 18 Jul 2017, 02:51

Yeah it's a pub. I do have the footage. I uploaded it here a while ago
Peter

Postby Peter » 19 Jul 2017, 03:21

/\ I googled "Emma Bunton Star Garter DenDen" as this DD searcher taksa ages to load and all I found was that:
https://forums.denden.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=86114

It's a link to an old HOL d/l file (not active anymore) and under it you remembered that day:

"i downloaded it, and it's the video i recorded lol, i didnt know it'd ended up on the net

the star and garter performance was part of a competition that i won on http://www.emmabunton.net when she had a decent website, the prize was a weekend for 2 in london, we stayed in a hotel in hammersmith and on the saturday we went to the victoria palace theatre to see the afternoon showing of fame the musical, then from there we went on a coach through london on a sightseeing tour taking us to tower bridge

then the bridge was closed to visitors and we were allowed inside and we had dinner inside tower bridge, the bit that connects the 2 colums that is high above the road is where we had dinner, they did a raffle competition when we were at tower bridge, they gave the tickets away free to us and i won, w00t :$ i won a melanie c northern star official promotional drawstring bag, a forever make up bag and some make up, a forever promo album, a emma promo photo from the tmba photoshoot, a pair of a girl like me knickers lol, and the a girl like me promo album and promo interview album

then we went back to the hotel for the night, the next day we went on a boat trip along the river thames lasting 4 hours, where we could eat and drink as much as we wanted

then we got to the star and garter and when we were all inside and settled emma arrived, this was the first time i'd ever seen emma so it was so exciting, especially as she was my fave, she came on stage and i was filming her with a video camera, i thought i'd get told off but i didnt, infact she played up to it in places.

she sang

better be careful
high on love
a world without you
sunshine on a rainy day
take my breath away
what took you so long

all completely live, in take my breath away she held the mic out to me and i sang a line lol, and it what took you so long in the line "but honey understand when you take my hand" she put her hand out for mine and i held her hand

the filming wasnt the best, but it was hard keeping it still and trying to make sure it was filming properly while still trying to enjoy the show myself

my mum was there, i had to take her cuz i was only 17 at the time, and my mum loved it, she took loads of photos for me, about 90 all together

when the performance was over emma told me i could have her setlist, so one of the staff let me have it, it's written by emma in red felt tip pen

then she did a signing, i went up and she said thank you to me and she was so nervous but was happy i was there and that i knew all the words, she said it made her feel a lot more comfortable, we had chat and then my mum also met her, so we've both got photos with emma and my mum also got a couple of things signed for me

that was in the day when promotion was really really good and it was exciting to be a fan, it was a weekend i'll never forget though

do you have the other videos from the gig?"

I guess it's the closest to your EB.net review we'll ever get now:) it's very detailed and entertaining anyway:)

Return to “Emma Bunton”